Pensou ser pop rock mas os fados eram histórias de palavras e melodias, uma arte com gente dentro – com os seus amores, tristezas, angústias, incertezas e devaneios – e este era um universo onde poderia estar consigo próprio.
Parte, assim, sem preocupações em seguir rituais, para um trabalho de pesquisa de letras e músicas do fado tradicional, um começar do princípio para poder dar continuidade e prolongar esta paixão com qualquer coisa de novo. Nascia, assim, “Fados Meus”, editado em 2004.
Um empenho e uma entrega que levaram ao seu reconhecimento enquanto fadista, poeta, compositor, “cantautor” – através do prémio de Fadista Revelação; do convite de Maria da Fé para ser residente na mítica casa de fados “Senhor Vinho”, onde continua; das solicitações frequentes para concertos, programas de televisão e rádio; do lancamento do segundo disco de originais – “Aquelas Coisas da Gente” - ou ainda dos convites internacionais que já levaram as suas histórias a Espanha, Grécia, Suiça, Holanda, Finlândia, Macau, Itália, Rússia ou Guiné-Bissau.
De “Évora Doce” a “Mistérios de Lisboa”, tem sido seu o privilégio de trabalhar com nomes como Janita Salomé, Vitorino, José Fonseca e Costa, entre tantos outros sem os quais não seria possível continuar a ser tão autêntico naquilo que faz.
Biografia completa no site Oficial www.duartefadista.com
Duarte thought about being a pop rock singer but Fado was stories of words and melodies , an art with people inside - with its loves, sorrows, anxieties, uncertainties and daydreams - and this was a universe where he could be with himself.
Therefore, he starts, without concerns in following rituals, researching lyrics and songs from traditional Fado - a start from the beginning that would allow him to continue and extend this passion with something new. And so his first work,"Fados Meus ", was released in 2004.
A commitment and a dedication that led to Duarte’s recognition as a singer, a poet, a composer, a songwriter – at many levels: the Revelation Fado Singer Award; the invitation from one of the most Portuguese charismatic Fado Singers, Maria da Fé, to have him as a resident Fado singer in the mythical Fado house " Senhor Vinho ", where he still performs; the many requests for giving concerts or participating in radio and television shows; the release of his second album - " Aquelas Coisas da Gente" – and also the international invitations which headed him to share his stories all over the world - Spain, Greece, Switzerland , Netherlands, Finland, Macao , Italy , Russia or Guinea-Bissau .
From "Évora Doce" to " Mistérios de Lisboa", Duarte has had the privilege to work with artists as Janita Salomé, Vitorino, film director José Fonseca e Costa, among many others without whom he could not continue to be as authentic as he is in what he does.
VIDEO - "Mistérios de Lisboa" (Mysteries of Lisbon)
Biography - DUARTE
1980 - Duarte was born in Évora .
1987 - begins his musical learning , sings Fado but explores other styles like pop -rock .
1997 - Completes studies at the Academy of Music ‘Eborense’ learns piano, music history , classical guitar , etc. Here he sings in the School Choir and takes part of other chamber music projects.
- Back to ‘fado’ , searching lyrics and music of the traditional fado , begins to write : some of these works are now part his repertoire.
- Starts " building his way and finding a record of songwriter "
2004 - the first album " My Fado " is presented in July . It draws on traditional Fado music (Fado Vianinha, Fado Zé Negro, Fado Marcha do Manuel Maria, Fado Mouraria estilizado, Fado Alexandrino Antigo, etc.) Using poems of Fernando Pessoa , Aldina Duarte and Maria Teresa Grave, but also with poems of his own (“Naquela manhã deserta”, “Sendo a noite quase dia” e “Dizem que o meu fado é triste”), and also the track " Sweet Évora " with his own music and poem.
- After the release of the album Duarte takes part in many concerts in Portugal and Spain. And later this year , its theme “Dizem que o meu fado é triste”, a poem in his music ‘Fado Menor do Porto’ , integrated the collection " Fados do poto " , set in the collection " 100 years of Fado " , organized by the newspaper "Público ".
- Performs often in ‘Senhor do Vinho’ fado house , invited by Maria da Fé and José Luís Gordo .
- Takes part in presentations and performances , radio and television programs , interviews and concerts , like "Noite do Fado Jovem" , organized by the Municipality of Lisbon at ‘Museu do Fado’, " Night of Fado’ in Tribute to singer Carlos Zel " , which took place in ‘Parede’ , or a concert in the ‘Praça do Geraldo ‘in Évora , during the Summer Festival 2005.
2006 - November , Amalia Rodrigues Foundation awarded him the prize " Fadista Revelação Maculino " .
2007 - April , the City Council of Arraiolos assigns him with the Medal ‘Mérito Municipal‘ .
- Duarte participates in a concert at the Polis Theatre in Athens , Greece, invited by the musicien Evanthia Reboutsika and singer Elli Paspala . The success is such that Duarte visits Greece again, in August of the following year, to sing at the First Festival of Mediterranean Music of Chios (Greece ) .
2009 - Presentation in November , of his second album “Aquelas Coisas da Gente”. Duarte wants to mix the traditional fado to new sounds , considering that : " Fado is one of the most beautiful art forms, but it’s singers can’t be islands they must receive information and experience from everywhere. " Thus, Duarte inspires himself not only in singers like Carlos do Carmo , Camané and Amalia , but also in artists of other Portuguese music schools like Jorge Palma or Sérgio Godinho . (in: Official Website)